Saturday, January 6, 2007

i made my bed this morning



one might not find this a significant occurrance, but in my room it is. usually i roll out of bed in the morning and stumble into work around 7.00am and it seems just too unfair to make my bed, as this is a firm declaration that i won't be re-entering its comforting depths for another 12+ hours. but last night i slept for 12 hours and today it is 70 degrees and feels fantastic. i have my window open! i still haven't decided how to spend my first saturday back in PA, but it is a wonderful feeling, knowing that i am beholden to none and i can't even feel guilty for not doing my homework because the bookstore is sold out of my class' books. huzzah!

all of this can only be a result of winter term, about which i have heard so much but thus far experienced so little. class only twice a week...what is that! it sounds delightful. i am working 20 hours a week, but i'm not letting that get me down. not today. my next question is: how am i to spend my time, when not working or doing schoolwork? mark traphagen says he has over-booked himself for the month. not me! anything could happen in january, and i only know one thing that will certainly happen: i will turn 23. what is 23? kind of a wasteland.

but now i shall go downstairs and eat something and then begin my saturday. what! it's 2.30pm! alas.

No comments: