Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Coolness Quiz






i work at a before- and after-school program for mostly elementary schoolers, with a few middle schoolers thrown in. it's not a glamorous job, but it pays the bills and gets me some life experience. today would be one of those --priceless--experiences! i was reading a book with a little boy when one of the second-grade girls came up to me with a questionnaire to fill out. she hangs out with the middle-school girls (her sister is in middle school), and i'd recently begun to suspect that they were using her to ask me rather personal questions. i think they want to know if i am cool or just old. i had laughed her questions off until now. so now i have this questionnaire--and a due date of next tuesday, when i will see her next--and my question is, is she the only one who gets to have some fun with this? i submit that she is not! and so, i put it to you, my faithful friends who read my blog but do not comment--help me dream up some farcical answers to these questions!

they stand thus:

name:
age:
job:
favorite color:
birthday:
favorite singer:
boyfriend's name:
favorite singer:
favorite designer:




she stipulated that if i have no answer, to write "none." i feel i could possibly include the truth in every answer, but where's the fun in that? she does know me as "miss rebecca," so i should probably use my name at least. but beyond that...this is too good of a joke to keep to myself! i have half a mind to use friends' names as singer, designers and stores. and i suspect i should not let on that my birthday is perilously close. you never know. haha! enjoy, friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mac 'n cheese should def. be the name of your favorite color. what a great crayon name.

Larisochka said...

I'm with Denise on the color option. I think Gerald should go for your boyfriend's name...FuBu hands down for designer.

rebecca said...

hahahah! how funny is it that i had to google FuBu to find out what/who it is? perhaps these girls are right, and i am simply not cool. the difference between us, though, is that i am content with my nerdy nature and they are in middle school and are therefore inherently discontent with themselves and the world.