Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Jon Foreman

Is the lead singer from Switchfoot, who recently started releasing solo EP's based on the seasons...thus far he has Fall, Winter, and Spring. His vocal quality has really improved over the past years, and his solo stuff is really mellow and acoustic and delicious. Here's a sample of some of his lyrics...

"She said, "Friend,
All along-
Thought I was learning how to take
How to bend not how to break
How to live not how to cry
But really
I've been learning how to die
I've been learning how to die"
-Learning How to Die

"Oh, I guess they'll say I've grown
I know more than I wanted to know
I've said more than I wanted to say

I'm heading home
Yeah, but I'm not so sure
That home is a place
You can still get to by train ."
-Southbound Train

"Heavenly Father
You always amaze me
Let your kingdom come
In my world and in my life
You give me the food I need
To live through the day
And forgive me as I forgive
The people that wronged me
Lead me far from temptation
Deliver me from the evil one

I look out the window
The birds are composing
Not a note is out of tune
Or out of place
I look at the meadow
And stare at the flowers
Better dressed than any girl
On her wedding day."
-Your Love is Strong

No comments: