Monday, February 8, 2010

2010: The Year of Living Dangerously!



2009 was the year of Adventure. Now, I know that it is already February, but it has taken this long for me to become inspired. I was talking with my friend the other day, and we both expressed the desire to live more dangerously. To traverse the line between taking calculated risks and reckless risks; to stop worrying so much about playing it safe and realize that risk is involved with everything that is thrilling and fun. All too often we value personal comfort and security over adventure and exploration; could this be why we feel stuck in the doldrums of stagnant experience? Possibly.

Now, how does this relate to our spiritual lives, you ask. I would argue that our efforts to protect ourselves demonstrates a lack of faith and confidence in the Lord and in His plans. Is it not better to place our trust in Him, who is actually trustworthy, than to trust our own feeble measures of self-protection? I for one am fallible, and my plans regularly go astray. Would it not make more sense, logically, to accept the fact that the Lord does know what He's doing...and that this does not guarantee comfort and security? To let go of our obsession with feeling safe and secure, and embrace living dangerously in the Lord's plans for us?

No comments: