Monday, September 29, 2008

Blessing

Dear Readers,

At last I can write you and give good news instead of depressing. I have a job! I had an interview last week at WES Health Services, a behavioral health provider based in Philadelphia. The interview itself only lasted 30 minutes, at the end of which my interviewer offered me the sole open English-speaking position. I deliberated for a day or two, and then called her and accepted! The salary is good, has benefits and a retirement package, and now I only await HR calling me in to fill out paperwork and do background checks.

Praise the Lord.

I cannot tell you how this journey has unsettled and burdened me throughout the summer. I felt lost, wandering about without a compass. Even in saying that I am aware of the contradiction inherent in the statement, because it is the Lord who guides and directs our steps. I only need to see so far in front of me, but my heart yearns to peer further into the future. Now that I have a general idea of my next step, I feel that I can begin to prepare to take it. I felt as though my life were on pause throughout this past season, and now the Lord has seen fit to hit "play" once more. I look forward to seeing what the next few scenes are like! What could He be doing?

And yet...part of me is surprised at my current mental state. I am still the same I was last week; no miraculous maturation occurred overnight. I am not as grown as I thought I was (you are not surprised to hear this, but I was surprised to realize it). I am still the child I have always been, only now I have greater responsibility. My life was not "fixed" by getting a job. Ha! Fancy that! Objectively speaking, I never expected it to, but part of me supposed that I would change. Really now, it is the Lord who changes hearts; how could I possibly believe otherwise?

Praise the Lord.

"The secret mysteries belong to You;
We only know what You reveal.
And all my questions that are unresolved
Don't change the wisdom of Your will."

Praise the Lord.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congratulations! When do you start?