Tuesday, December 12, 2006

a brain-full

oh, to live the life of a ferret. i feel as if my head is filled to bursting with theories and facts and i have not even begun taking my first semester's worth of finals. so i am sitting on my bed with my notebook studying, while my ferret Page lies curled up in the pajamas i wish i were wearing. and yet these are moments that i need to savour while i can, because they are short-lived. in a few years i will no longer have brilliant professors shoveling material down my throat, and i will have to think things out on my own.
no seriously. this first semester at westminster has flown by, and i look forward to being able to see it retrospectively. how many things have i learned and internalized without even realizing it? quite a few, i think. it is so easy, especially during exam season, to develop tunnel vision and focus merely on exams and studies. i take joy in the little things...if i did not, i fear i would find little to delight in during this hectic time. for example, last night i baked roughly 5 dozen oatmeal chocolate cookies (yes, from scratch) and put them in Van Til hallway this morning after work around 9.00am. when i went on campus to study around 12.00, they were gone. i couldn't say why this cheers me so, but it is nice to know that i was able to bless some people (i may never know whom) in a small way. this does a great deal for my life perspective at the moment.
really, this apologetics exam. on the one hand, i feel so much more comfortable with the prospect of actually having an apologetic conversation with a nonbeliever...but i loathe memorizing and regurgitating material. with a passion.
oh, how happy shall friday be, when i burst out of my last exam (only to go to work later) knowing that i won't be wasting time by reading for fun and watching movies with friends and staying up late talking.

No comments: